I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile so here goes:
The idea: Think back on your week and find five things (or more) that you were really grateful for. I hope this leads to better appreciation for things in life.
Execution: Written every Sunday.
Five Things I Am Grateful For:
- Words – the ability to write – I can’t express how happy I am over being able to express my every emotions (haha! See what I did there?). Seriously though, there are so many words that represent the most minute detail and you’ll find that you definitely have come across the occasion to use that word. Some words I appreciate: epiphany, esprit d’escalier, chuckle
- The Internet – Or maybe just the search function … no, no, definitely the Internet. Where else can I find a crap load of information with a few clicks and taps? ‘Nuff said.
- A backyard – As you can see, I had a moment of pure bliss in my backyard this week. I realize that not many people have a backyard or maybe even a private space (OR A HOUSE?!), so I’m appreciative of being able to get privacy in a green backyard full of birds and critters.
- Yoga – I love yoga. I’m not an expert at it, but when I follow the routines, I always think yoga moves are intuitive in the simplest ways. It blows my mind that someone managed to organize a discipline such as yoga. The though that would have to go into figuring out the benefit and the influence of each move on a muscle or the overall body. Amazing.
- Friends that don’t judge – I believe that with a little openness and willingness, you’ll be able to surround yourself with a wonderful group of people. And remember you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. Honestly, I’d go bonkers if I didn’t have people to chat with, run to with my problems or just give advice. It gives me great peace of mind to know that I have people I can go to with my troubles.
And there it is! Is this something you’d be interested in doing? Or is it something you’re doing already? Has it helped you?